COVID-19: Your Safety is Our Main Priority
There are many recent news headlines concerning coronavirus disease (COVID-19). As the number of coronavirus cases increases worldwide, we remain committed to our customers and our employees and are taking steps to ensure their safety and welfare. We continue to closely monitor information and follow guidelines from the CDC to keep our communities healthy, our stores open, and our customers informed. Below, you’ll find answers to common questions that we’ve been asked by our customers in relation to the coronavirus and COVID-19. We will keep this page updated with more information as it becomes available. If we can safely be here for you, we will be. Part of keeping informed is preventing the spread of misinformation.
To Our Customers:
- How are Wallace locations minimizing the potential affect of COVID-19
Wallace locations have always encouraged employees to keep their stores clean and prevent the spread of germs, especially during cold and flu season. However, we’ve implemented additional cleaning and disinfecting protocols and are supplying our stores with extra cleaning supplies to increase health safety.
- What can I do to help prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Per the CDC, the virus is thought to spread mainly from person to person, so the best way to prevent contracting the illness is to avoid being exposed to people who have it. You can also protect yourself and others in the following ways:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, you can instead use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Remember to get the back of your hands, in between fingers, and your wrists as well. Do not touch your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact (within about 6 feet) with people who appear to be sick.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes either by using a tissue or in the inside of your elbow. Throw any used tissues in the trash immediately and wash your hands or use hand sanitizer right away.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces often, including but not limited to:
- Doorknobs and handles
- Your phone
- Light switches
- Desks, tabletops, countertops, and chairs
- Toilets, faucets, and sinks
- Pens and pencils
To Current Customers:
- I’m playing it extra safe and not leaving my house! How can I make my loan payment if I’m unable to come into the store?
As always, you can make your payment by mailing a cashier’s check or money order to your local Wallace Location so that it’s received on or before the due date. Customers may also call and make a payment over the phone with a debit card. Call your Wallace location nearest you for details.
- I have a current loan with Wallace. I’m still working, but I had a reduction in hours due to temporary closings because of COVID-19. Is there any way I can lower my payments?
We know that situations change, so it’s important to us to have products that are flexible to our customers’ changing needs! Part of that is having multiple refinance options, including a cash back refinance. You will need to visit your local store to complete a refinance, but it’s quick and easy. It shouldn’t take longer than 5 minutes. Contact your local Wallace location for more information.
To Past Customers:
- I’ve taken a loan out with a Wallace location in the past, and due to recent events, I am temporarily low on income. Can I get a new loan?
If you’ve taken out a loan with us before and paid it off, you qualify as a preferred customer! Therefore, you are pre-approved for a new loan. You’ll still need to visit your Wallace location in order to complete the loan agreement and pick up your cash. Feel free to give us a call to find out more about your eligibility.
We are monitoring the situation and will include updates here as they become available.